As of 1 October 2021, there’s a new mandatory procedure for sea freight exports to Egypt.
Here are the key points:
- New Zealand exporters are required to register on CARGO X – look for details & registration link under ‘Advanced Cargo Information – ACI Information tab’ on the NAFEZA website.
- Each Consignment will be allocated an ACID number (a 19 digit unique reference number per consignment) New Zealand exporters will be required to provide importers with a Proforma Invoice to enable the ACID number to be allocated.
- All export documents, including Bill of Lading, will require the ACID Number on them.
- New Zealand exporters to upload their export documents into the Egypt Customs trade window NAFEZA via CARGO X. There is a cost for exporters per consignment.
- Documents uploaded via CARGO X do not need to be legalised by the Egyptian Embassy.
- Chambers of Commerce electronically issue Certificates of Origin, however, associated export documents (Commercial Invoice etc) no longer required to be certified.
- Shipping Companies are required to upload Bills of Lading with the ACID number.
- A pilot has been conducted since April 2021 with refined procedures now released. The pilot has been extended until 30 September 2021.