There are two options for a CPTPP certification of origin;
1. A consignment based document – one required for each consignment.
– Keep track of documents and the related records to support the origin claim together with the other consignment related files.
– Ideal for one-off sales, irregular exports to a consignee, new importer, sales involving a 3rd party, exports of different goods to the same consignee
2. A blanket document covering multiple shipments for a period of up to 12 months. Best suit:
– Regular shipments of exactly the same goods, with the same origin criterion to the same importer.
The minimum information required is outlined in Chapter 3, Annex 3-B (Pages 3-28, 29) • Consignment based Certification of Origin:
Option A: Add the required information to the exporter’s commercial invoice (only when the exporter’s commercial invoice will be presented by the importer at time of import). The CPTPP Certification of origin declaration and required information would need to be added to the Commercial Invoice
Option B: Use this CPTTP Certificate of Origin Template Remember the Commercial invoice number is required to be stated when consignment based.
• Blanket Period: The exporter would specify the blanket period which may be up to 12 months and provide all the information as set out in Chapter 3, Annex 3-B (Pages 3-28, 29) in their own ‘template’.
1. The declaration text required on any of the above options is set out in Chapter 3, Annex 3-B Paragraph 9 (Page 3-29).
2. The certifier’s (person signing the declaration statement) name, address (including country), telephone number and email address is required on the ‘certification of origin’ document. Reference: Chapter 3, Annex 3-B Paragraph 2 (Page 3-28).
3. The Certification of Origin needs to be dated as it is only valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Reference: Chapter 3, Section B, Article 3.30, Paragraph 5 (Page 3-17).
4. Any missing information may result in preference being declined. It will be important to have a ‘set format’ so that it is clear that all required information has been provided.